Is it possible to remove a ZEK code?
There are some ZEK codes that close the doors to future loans for various periods of time (consumer credit, lease, credit cards).
You become aware of these undesirable codes often as a consequence of a loan application that has unfortunately been rejected. These records come from:
- Multiple loan application rejections
- Delays in monthly repayments
- Repayment problems that have required payment arrangements with the bank
- Total repayment of the debt has become impossible, the bank has lost money
Procedure to follow
Only the financial institution that recorded the code(s) can remove them, there is no other alternative. You cannot appeal to an administrative body or a third-party organisation.
If you manage to demonstrate to the bank that it has made a mistake and that this modification is justified, you have a chance of winning your case. But this kind of scenario is very rare. These codes always have a reason for being, so to speak.
Consequently, you will be obliged to grin and bear it while waiting for the time period to come to an end and for the code to be automatically removed.
- Categories: Consumer credit